Austin Schnell Fest
Fall HPDE at COTA (Driver's Ed)
|Event Dates||11/17/17 - 11/19/17|
09/15/17 12:00 PM (opens)
(central time zone)
11/10/17 12:00 PM (closes)
(central time zone)
This Porsche Club of America Driver Education event is a joint presentation of the Hill Country, Lone Star and Maverick Regions - PCA, with the support of our good friends at the Houston Chapter BMW-CCA. We’re calling these events at COTA the “Austin Schnell Fests” to emphasize the fact that these events are not just for Porsche or BMW Drivers – drivers of every make are invited to participate, and membership in PCA or BMW-CCA is not necessary.
• Registration opens at Noon Central time on clubregistration.net.
• Registration is solely through clubregistration.net.
• All run groups will run Friday/Saturday/Sunday. The registration fee is $945 for all run groups.
• Registration fee for instructors is $300. (Instructors registering in September pay only $250!).
• A limited number of Formula 1 Garages will be available for rental. An entire garage rents for $1,000 for the weekend. As many as six cars can fit into one garage.
• Or, individual garage “spots (four per garage) will be available for $300 for the weekend. No individual day garage or garage spot rentals.
• Beginner and novice drivers will be instructed. This means that an experienced PCA, BMW-CCA or other marque driving instructor will be with these students in the right seat of their car while on track. Our instructors use helmet communicators to communicate with their students.
• Advanced run group drivers can also request instruction.
• More information is available on the event website: http://austinschnellfest.clubregistration.net/
• Questions: contact email@example.com or 512/497-1111.
Please plan on joining us the weekend before Thanksgiving for Schnell Fest HPDE at COTA!
|Addt'l Payment Info.||NA|
The sponsoring clubs incur significant costs in having a High Speed Driving Event. These costs include the track rental costs, corner workers, emergency vehicles, etc. These costs are generally non-refundable costs to the sponsoring clubs. Rain or shine, fair weather or foul, the clubs are responsible for virtually all of these costs.
The sponsoring clubs have the following cancellation policy relating to participation in this event:
1. IF you cancel prior to Noon Central Time on November 1, 2017 your monies will be refunded in full.
2. IF you cancel after Noon Central Time on November 1, 2017 and we are unable to substitute another participant in your place prior to November 10th, all funds will be forfeited by you.
3. IF you register after November 1st then cancel and we are unable to substitute another participant in your place prior to November 10th, all funds will be forfeited by you. .
4. IF you do not show up for the event, all funds will be forfeited by you.
In the extraordinary situation where for some reason COTA closes its facility and the event must be cancelled by the clubs, all participants will receive the return of their payments.
APPLICATION, PAYMENTS and GARAGES
To make things clear:
(1) The time that you make payment counts! Your spot in the “que” of registrations is based not on the time that you submit your registration but based on the time of your payment. If, at the time of registration, you do not pay, another applicant who registers later but pays before you will be accepted before you. Remember time of payment counts!
(2) PCA and BMW-CCA members will receive a 7-day registration preference before non-PCA members. After 7-days, all applications will be treated equally. Register early!
(3) It is your responsibility to enter your verified PCA or BMW-CCA membership number at the time you register. If no club membership number is entered at registration, it will be assumed that you are not a PCA or BMW-CCA member. As such, you will be treated as a non-PCA or non-BMW-CCA member. It is YOUR responsibility to give us your club membership number! If you have not entered your PCA or BMW-CCA number, it is your fault and you will lose any preference!
We will email you when your application has been accepted, which is contingent on your payment having been received. You can always check www. ClubRegistation. net for your status.
Club members and non-club members can register beginning at Noon Central Time September 15. But verified PCA and BMW-CCA Members will be given acceptance preference over non-members for the first 7 days that the application process is open. After the first 7 days, applications are accepted on an as-received basis for PCA/BMW-CCA members and non-members. This means that a non-member who submits an application and makes payment during the first seven days will have preference over a member who makes payment after the first seven days, even if applied on-line within the first seven days.
For a PCA or BMW-CCA Member to be verified, he/she must include his/her PCA or BMW-CCA membership number, which will be verified by our system as the correct and current membership number associated with that member.
WALK UPS – WALK UPS (persons who “walk up” to the registration desk the day of the event) are discouraged because they dramatically complicate our registration process and our ability to assign students to group and get them assigned to an instructor. We also go through a “vetting” process with each driver as a part of the registration process. It’s nearly impossible for us to “vet” someone we don’t know who shows up on Friday morning! The Event Chairman David Gross will accept or not accept walk ups at his discretion. DO NOT BE A WALK UP! REGISTER EARLY!
Since it is possible to apply to participate in a DE without making payment, your application is time-stamped as to when you make payment, not as to when you made the on-line application. Applicants are encouraged to pay at the same time as they make their application. Our system will record your time of payment as your application time. Irrespective of when you apply on-line, your application will not be accepted until your payment (via PayPal) has been received. This means that if someone applies after you but pays before you, the other person will be accepted before you. For example, if there is only one spot available and you apply but do not pay, then someone who pays before you, even if they applied after you, will get that spot!
There will be about 20 Formula 1 garages available for rent by participants for this event. A garage can hold up to six cars. An entire garage rents for $1,000 for the three day weekend. Or, you can rent a single spot in a garage (we’ll rent four spots per garage) for $300 for the three day weekend. We will not rent individual day or two-day garages or garage spots. At the time you make your on-line application, you can request and pay for either an entire garage or a garage spot.
Garage preferences are the same as the for the applications. If you are assigned a garage or garage spot, roughly one week before the event we will advise you of your garage assignment.
COTA has just informed us that we will not be able to access the paddock for load-in until 5:15 p. m. on Thursday November 16th. COTA has also just informed us that ten of the twenty garages will be available at 5:15 p. m. on Thursday November 16th, but for the remaining ten garages we’ll have to wait while another renter loads out of those garages. We anticipate that all garages will be available for the start of the event on Friday morning November 17th, but there may be some delays in getting into ten garages. As we learn more about this situation I will update the website. Or contact dgross@grossandnelson. com for more information.
CHARGES AND INDEMNIFICATION FOR COTA FACILITY DAMAGE
The Schnell Fest event website contains a link to COTA’s Rules: http://austinschnellfest. clubregistration. net/cotaRules. pdf. COTA’s Rules specifically state that each driver will be responsible for all costs arising from repair of the COTA Facility property arising from damage due to his/her actions. The COTA Rules linked above contain a specific schedule of damage fees for damage to asphalt, guard rails, tire barriers, fencing, etc. By registering for this event you acknowledge that you have read the COTA Rules, you are familiar with the COTA charges for damages to the COTA Facility, and agree that if your actions cause damage to COTA Facilities you will pay COTA damages according to their schedule, or for unscheduled damages you will pay COTA the damage amounts they require. Further, you agree to indemnify Hill Country Region-PCA, Lone Star Region-PCA, Maverick Region-PCA and Houston Chapter BMW-CCA for any claims brought against them for damages to COTA Facilities caused by your actions.
COTA has just told us that we will not have access to the paddock until 5:15 p. m. on Thursday November 16th. At 3:00 p. m. we will start staging cars on COTA Blvd for load-in at 5:15 p. m.
We will try to limit our parking to the Main Paddock at COTA. If you have special parking needs (such as a large-footprint vehicle, or want to be paddocked together with particular people) please contact our event Parking Guru, Wally Ruiz, at wallyrmail@aol. com to make special arrangements. We have to “stage” parking at COTA in order to use the space most efficiently. This means that big rigs that need to be close to a particular Formula 1 Garage may be parked first so that they can access their assigned parking spot before the paddock fills up with cars. Don’t be upset if a vehicle that arrives after you is allowed to park before you do – it’s a function of efficiently filling up the available paddock space!
|Student||$945.00||All Student Run Groups.|
|Instructor||$300.00||Approved instructors only. Increases to $300 on 10/1/17.|
|Instructor not driving||$0.00||Approved instructors not driving, only instructing|
|Event Staff||$0.00||Only for event staff designated by DE Chair.|
1/4 garage option
Club Registration has the option for you to sign up for a 3-day single garage slot at the upcoming Austin Schnell Fest.
Enough space for 6 vehicles. Includes power and bathrooms.
|Click to view|