PCA-Chicago Autocross 2022 Sponsored by Midwest Performance Cars
Existing User ClubRegistration.net
|Hosted by||Chicago Region PCA|
|Registraremail@example.com / 708.254.0408|
|Event Dates||09/17/22 - 09/17/22|
02/04/22 12:01 AM (opens)
(central time zone)
09/15/22 12:00 PM (closes)
(central time zone)
Registration opens: 8:00 am
Course Open to Walk 8:30 am
Registration closes: 9:00 am
Drivers meeting: 9:20 am
First group starts: 9:30 am
-To improve our events, we have made the following changes:
-All participants must create a ClubRegistration.Net account, register and pay online. No onsite/day of registration is allowed.
-Registration will promptly close at 9:00 am on the day of the event
-Events will be limited to 60 participants
- The success of our events is completely dependent on volunteers. Therefore, this year we are asking for participants to pre-register for several key volunteer positions.
- Please select one item from the "Event Options" section; see descriptions for details.
Please help us run a successful event by:
1. Pay prior to the event to avoid an additional $15 day of registration fee
2. Review the Tech Sheet and double check the “Registration Details” for accuracy
- This form will be attached to your confirmation and is available at the PCA Chicago Region website
3. Bring your completed Tech Inspection Form with you to the event.
- UTQG: This is the wear rating for your tires. This can be found on the sidewall of your tires. If you are new to autocross, the Tech Inspector can help you find where this is located.
- Make sure the positive battery terminal is completely covered with tape. This ensures that nothing can come in contact with the terminal. The PCA Chicago Autocross program reserves the right to deny participation to vehicles with excessive exhaust noise (95 db).
4. Park your vehicle next to the vehicle that arrived just before you (e.g.. not in the middle of the parking lot). We would like to have all cars parked in the order of arrival. This significantly improves the flow of our Tech Inspection process and helps us start our event on time. If you want to park next to someone, please coordinate your arrival before entering the venue.
5. Empty everything out of your car immediately after parking so that it can be Tech inspected. Anything that is loose must be removed from your car, including floor mats.
6. Place the completed Tech Inspection Form under your windshield wiper. This indicates that you are ready to have your car inspected.
7. Wait for your car to be inspected. After obtaining the event sticker and signed Tech Inspection Form from the Tech Inspector. Apply sticker to the front top section of your windshield on the driver’s side.
8. Proceed to the registration table with your signed Tech Inspection Form.
9. Check in with registration. If e-waiver is not available sign the PCA Waiver. Get wristband.
10. Apply your assigned car number to both sides of your vehicle. Numbers should be 8” or larger (if you do not have pre-printed numbers use blue painters tape)
11. Relax, mix and mingle, walk the course or help setup the course until the drivers meeting at 9:20 am.
12. And most importantly....Have Fun!
Participants are broken out into three groups: DRIVE, WORK, REST (in that order).
1. This group will start driving at 9:30.
2. After your driving session is over, you will WORK.
3. After the last car has run and the course is “cold” promptly replace the workers on the
course. This enables us to quickly get the next driving group on the course
1. This group will work the course when we start at 9:30.
2. Please grab a safety vest before heading out to a workstation
3. Aside from the Starter there are no pre-assigned work stations. Fill in any work station with
less than two workers.
4. After the session is over and you are done working it is your turn to REST.
1. This group will start the day resting while the first group (Drive) runs the course at 9:30
2. Use this time to eat lunch, but please be ready to work
3. As the Drive group is finishing please keep an eye on the staging line for the last car to
complete the course.
4. Now, you’re ready to DRIVE!
We will cycle through the process of again in the afternoon. DRIVE, WORK, REST. We will cover this again in the drivers meeting and address any questions that you may have.
Thanks, in advance for your cooperation.
Classification and Bumping Guidelines:
It will sometimes be necessary to group classes together to form a competitive group for awards. It is preferred to have 3 or more competitors in a group. If that is not possible within these guidelines, a group may be comprised of less than 3 competitors.
The exception to this rule is the Modified class which cannot be grouped with any other class.
Competitors will be bumped no more than one class to form a competitive group. Grouping will be performed by Timing & Scoring based on the registration information from Clubregistration prior to the event. It is important that the vehicle information is accurate and up to date upon registration
Vehicles are placed in the appropriate stock class using the current Parade Competition Rules for Autocross. The Chicago Region has made some minor changes to these classes based on Region experience and participation numbers. Modifications providing a positive effect in performance will cause the vehicle to be bumped up to a higher class depending on the type and number of modifications.
Competitors must compete in the class defined by the year, make and model of their car plus any bumping required by modifications.
There must be at least a 5-minute cool down period between runs by a vehicle including re-runs.
The competition will have two categories, Open for all participants and Women’s. Competitors must choose the category they will participate in prior to the start of the first event and must compete in that category for the remainder of the season.
Participants who do not pre-register will compete in X-Class for that event and will be ineligible for an event award. PCA members will have their results integrated with the appropriate class at the end of the year for overall consideration.
We run our events rain (light-medium) or shine! In the event that conditions put participant safety at risk (i. e. lightning) we will cancel the event and your registration fee will be applied to the next scheduled Autocross event. The decision to cancel an event will not not be made until the morning of the event.
Refunds will not be issued for participant cancellation within three days of the event.
I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Porsche Club of America-Chicago Region, as well as its directors, officers, employees, agents, advisors, and assigns (collectively, the "Club") from any loss, liability, damage, fees, or cost, including bodily injury or property damage of any sort, that I may incur or cause arising out of or related to my presence at or participation in the Club's events, whether caused by the negligence or fault of the Club, or otherwise. I acknowledge that I remain solely responsible at all times for the safety and roadworthiness of my car, including its condition, preparation, and suitability for the Club's events, as well as my own physical and mental fitness to participate in Club events. By participating in the Club's events, I am assuming all responsibility for risk of damage to or caused by my car, and agree that if I or my car damages or destroys any event facilities or property, I will reimburse the Club for any such expenses incurred, including without limitation, all costs and fees incurred in connection with the clean up, repair, or removal of any damaged property, spilled fluids, discarded tires or other scrap, or fees for late exit from the event facilities.
I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the Club and any supplementary rules or regulations provided in connection with the Club's events or by the event facilities owners or operators.
|PCA Member||$45.00||A card carrying PCA member|
|Non-Member Guest of PCA Member||$45.00||A guest of a PCA member also driving a Porsche|
|Non-Porsche Participant||$55.00||Participant not driving a Porsche.|
The purpose of this role is to develop resources to help manage future events. This role will work with the Autocross coordinator to learn the overall operations of running an event.
Course Set Up Assistance
In this role volunteers will work closely with the course designer to set up the course as well as to provide feedback and input to ensure the course lay out is safe.
2022 Autocross T-shirt
If the 2022 shirts are still available, they will be at the event.
Spark Shop Donation
Spark Shop is the Club's 2022 charity. Donations accepted in five dollar increments. Thank you https://www.sparkshop.org/
Tech Inspection Assistants
Volunteers for this position should be seasoned autocross participants and be very familiar with our Tech Sheet, car classifications and the safe mechanical operation of vehicles. This role will work closely with the Tech Coordinator.
This position will oversee the Registration/Check in process. Now that all participants must register online this role should be streamliined from years past. Volunteers will need to ensure that the PCA Waiver is signed upon check in.
In this role volunteers need to politely ask newcomers to the event to sign the PCA release waiver. It is very important that every participant and spectator sign this form. This position we need a total of three volunteers.
This position will work along side our current Timing Team to learn how to use the equipment. The goal is for several individuals to become competent running this equipment. No timing, no event. Please consider stepping up to lend a hand in becoming a subject matter expert. We would like 3 individuals to commit to learning this position over the course of the year.
Post Event Evaluation
In this position will need to log onto the national PCA website and write up an unbiased summary of the days events. This is a requirement for us to maintain insurance coverage for our events.
If you are new to Precison Car Control/Autocross or not interested in one of the other volunteer positions, please select this option