Appalachian Adventure 2019 - The Ridges at Lake Chatuge
Registration Closed; Contact Appalachian Region PCA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Hosted by||Appalachian Region PCA|
|Location||The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge|
|Event Dates||08/15/19 - 08/18/19|
04/15/19 12:01 AM (opens)
(central time zone)
07/16/19 12:00 PM (closes)
(central time zone)
Appalachian Adventure: Porsches, People & Parties
The Appalachian Region of PCA is hosting its third annual Appalachian Adventure featuring the best driving roads in America at a world-class resort. The centerpiece of the event is the people’s Choice Concours and Awards Banquet on Saturday following a day of Driving on Friday where you’ll enjoy the roads with your Porsche.
Appalachian Adventure is being held at The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge in Young Harris, Georgia August 15-18, 2019. The weekend promises to be a fun weekend of socializing, driving and showing your Porsche right by the lake in the middle of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
1. Welcome Thursday: Arrive Thursday afternoon to get situated and start with a complementary welcome cocktail hour on Thursday evening.
2. Driving Friday: The morning starts with a 43-mile Guided Tour to Bell Mountain and to Brasstown Bald, the highest points in the area. After lunch on your own in the area, you can test your skills with a fun Gimmick Rally. If you prefer to explore on your own there will be two unguided tour options that will pass wineries, a distillery, waterfalls and Indian petroglyphs, all while enjoying scenic North Georgia Mountain views.
3. Concours Saturday: The day kicks off with the People Choice Concours that displays 50+ cars competing in more than seven award Classes, plus Best of Show. Saturday night is the big awards banquet to announce the winners over a great dinner with a featured speaker.
4. Meals & Friends: The weekend offers opportunities to see old friends and meet new friends. Over 100 people will attend the weekend and join in socializing at the Thursday cocktail hour, optional Friday night Fajita dinner and the Saturday Concours lunch and Awards dinner.
5. Sightseeing and Shopping: Saturday afternoon gives you the freedom to shop, sight see or enjoy the optional cruise on Lake Chatuge.
6. Test Your Knowledge: This Year’s multiple-choice format historical and technical quiz will test your Porsche knowledge, but you better study up. There are some real experts expected to compete. The Quiz winner will be awarded at the Saturday night banquet.
7. Porsche Product and Merchandise: The official event sponsor is Porsche Asheville who will bring a great selection of vehicles and experts to answer your questions. The new 992 launches this year, so we can only hope one is on-hand for us all to familiarize ourselves with it.
8. Send-off Sunday: Sunday is open for you to have a leisurely start to the day, tour or sight see on your own or enjoy the beautiful drive home at your own pace. For those looking for driving excitement we’ll provide directions for a route that takes you to the Tail of the Dragon.
Registration for the event is only $175 for couples and $95 for singles. Registration opens April 15, 2019 on clubregistration.net and includes:
• Thursday night cocktail party
• Registration to all driving events
• Concours entry and lunch
• Awards Banquet
Optional events requiring an extra fee are the Friday Night Fajita dinner ($40pp) and the Lake Chatuge cruise ($15pp).
The hotel stay at the Ridges at Lake Chatuge is not included in the registration fee and must be reserved separately by contacting The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge directly at 706-896-2262. Mention that you are with the Appalachian Region - Porsche Club to get the group rate until 5/18/19.
Reduced rate accommodations are available with a 2-night minimum stay. The room options are:
• Resort View Double: $148.28/night
• Lake View Double: $170.68/night
• Villas with 2-4 Bedrooms are available at higher rates.
• These prices include a Resort Fee plus Room and State taxes.
• You may extend your stay at the special rates
Come join your Porsche friends at the lake for a weekend of driving, socializing and showing your Porsche.
For information contact Don Therien, event coordinator at email@example.com.
|Refund Policy||Cancel prior to June 3, 2019 less 5%; June 3 - June 30 less 25%. No cancellation refunds after June 30, 2019. This is necessary to cover the commitments made by the Appalachian Region PCA. See hotel for their cancellation policy.|
|Indemnity Policy||To comply with PCA requirements, all participants are required to sign Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement at event check-in. This is same form signed prior to participating in tours or many technical sessions at PCA events.|
|Single||$95.00||Concours entry, Saturday Lunch & Banquet for 1|
|Double||$175.00||Concours entry, Saturday Lunch & Banquet for 2|
|Single Lunch||$65.00||Concours entry & Saturday Lunch for 1|
|Double Lunch||$115.00||Concours entry & Saturday Lunch for 2|
Friday Evening Dinner
Fajita Dinner with cash bar.
Cookout lunch in Pavilion.
Saturday awards dinner.
Lake Chatuge Boat Cruise (Sat 1:45 p.m. departure)
Lake Chatuge Boat Cruise (Sat 2:45 p.m. departure)
Additional Car in Concours
|Click to view|